2012年1月31日星期二

Migraine Solutions and Side Effects?

Please tell me people, have you found any migraine prophylactic that really helps reduce your migraines and that does not have severe side effects? Prophylactic is NOT Imitrex or Excedrin or any crisis med. Prophylactic is something you take daily to prevent migraines for people who get them too frequently.


Topamax made me crazy. Inderal made me short of breath and depressed. Verapamil caused hair loss. Depakote made me sleepy, fat, and caused hair loss too... Help, please. I have way too many migraines.Migraine Solutions and Side Effects?
I take Toprol ER and Elavil as a preventative. There have been no side effects with the Toprol, and only minor side effects with the Elavil--that being drowsiness, so I take it at night and get a good nights sleep.Migraine Solutions and Side Effects?
If you are finding that medications and some of the alternative methods are not working then, you need to keep a food diary if you have not started one. Keep the journal for a month and document what you eat and how you are feeling, stressed, sleepy %26amp; your periods. You may have a allergy to something you are eating, hormones can be a cause too. My last suggestion is to find a massage therapist that specializes in migraine treatments. They should be in 15 minute sessions. Good luck.
Practice Yoga. Yoga will train your system in such a way , that you will have less and less migraine attacks over time. If you continue yoga it will alleviate symptoms altogether.(personal experience)

没有评论:

发表评论