2012年1月31日星期二

My cat has hair loss under her chin w/ rough swelling. Any ideas?

I noticed at first just a penny sized black coloring on her hair under her chin, it then began to spread causing the hair to fall out. It looks a little swollen and the skin is rough. Sores appeared that bled a little. The little black pieces are everywhere the hair is being lost. I was told it may be an allergic reaction to new food but that isn't the case. It took about 2 weeks to spread as far as it has. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, in fact it doesn't seem to bother her at all but im concerned that it is still spreading. I have applied hydrogen peroxide on it to clean it. Any ideas what it is? and what i can do to remedy it?





here is a picture of what it looks like right now.


http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/DjKurosaki/IMG_0124.jpg





Any help is much appreciated. ThanksMy cat has hair loss under her chin w/ rough swelling. Any ideas?
I can't open the pic but has anyone mentioned ring worm? It causes hair lose and rough scaly looking skin. You would need a vet visit to diagnose and treat. If it is ring worm you can get it also. Make sure you wash your hands with a 10 to 1 mixture of water and bleach to prevent spreading.My cat has hair loss under her chin w/ rough swelling. Any ideas?
It looks like feline acne. I would take her to your vet, so she can be placed on antibiotics. Sometimes Stridex pads, believe or not, can be used to clean the area if it truly is feline acne. I would take her in to be checked out before doing this.

没有评论:

发表评论