2012年1月31日星期二

What kind of birth control should I try next?

I am 20 years old. I've been on some form of birth control for more than 4 years now.


At 15, I first tried the Depo Provera birth control shot. The first 3 months (1 shot) I bled every single day, which I hated. I got 1 more shot of Depo, and for those 3 months I didn't bleed at all. I also went from weighing 130 pounds to weighing 195+ pounds in this time (I did have an increased appetite but not enough to gain 65 pounds in 3 months). I decided to STOP Depo and never ever have that in my body again.


For the next 2 yrs (until age 17) I had NO PERIOD WHATSOEVER. After going to the doctor I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome) and prescribed Metformin (to control blood sugar levels and hopefully help me lose some weight) and Levora (birth control pills to help resume my period).


Levora wasn't what I wanted in a pill- I am not even sure why anymore since it was a while ago- so I stopped taking it.





All in all, I have used Levora, Zovia, Seasonique, Yaz, ';The Shot,'; ';The Patch,'; and most recently, NuvaRing.





I really enjoyed NuvaRing for the first year- but just in the past month or 2 I have started to have brown spotting CONSTANTLY. Every single day, many times a day. I can't tell you how many nice pairs of underwear have been RUINED from this brown discharge. It does NOT come out of my panties even after using Shout and washing them.





I am just SICK AND TIRED of all the different side effects EVERY SINGLE type of birth control gives me!


And yeah, I really would like to stay on birth control because I have (monogamous) sex regularly and do not want to get pregnant, plus I find condoms irritating.





My full list of symptoms:


-terrible menstrual cramps


-extreme weight gain


-hair thinning/loss


-development of facial hair


-increased appetite


-brown discharge


-irritability/depression/indifference


-acne





I realize a lot of these may not be caused by birth control alone but by the fact that I also have PCOS.





I'm just sick of going to the doctor and them not owning up to their mistakes- first them misdiagnosing me- telling me I didn't have PCOS- then calling me 1 hour after my appointment to tell me in a quite insensitive way that THEY screwed up, the doctor had NO IDEA who I was when I went in for my appointment- and that I DID have PCOS after all. And I'm tired of them criticizing me and lecturing me on my weight- I KNOW I'M FAT! YOUR medicines did this to me! Don't you think I'm doing everything I can to lose this weight? I have lost most of my faith in the medical system by now.





Any women out there have the same constant trouble with hormonal birth control options? What seems to work for you?What kind of birth control should I try next?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091024140317AA5N1Ur





answer mineWhat kind of birth control should I try next?
well obviously the best kind of birth control is abstinence...





try that! (:
I would try the birth control pill ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO.


I've been taking Ortho for 5 years no problems or side effects whatsoever. Try it. Nothing is going to be perfect because you're messing with nature my doctor told me before I swiched to Ortho.

没有评论:

发表评论