2012年1月31日星期二

Why is my cat losing hair?

Can someone please advise me what can cause hair loss over most of the lower portion of the cat's body...basically from the neck down, and sores that resemble mosquito bites? He is healthy otherwise. Good color, good eating habits, gets good food, playful, and his stools are fine. He doesn't have worms either.





Yes, he's been ';vetted'; and I fear that's how we wound up in this mess. I had this previously healthy cat neutered, and since three days afterward he's been in THIS condition. Three vets later now, $1600, they're still telling me it's a flea allergy. I DON'T HAVE FLEAS!!! I have seven cats. I have taken ALL of them to these three vets. One of said cats even has a documented history of flea allergy, yet she shows NO symptoms of hair loss. Now I'm broke and he's STILL almost naked. I use Revolution on the dogs. Frontline on the cats, and my house AND my entire yard are treated faithfully because of my older cat's flea allergy. Way back when, she went bald...no sores, just bald. Since then we've had no flea's.





Can someone give me ANY ideas? I believe I now have what appears to be cat number two coming down with same symptoms. They've had skin tests and the whole nine yards...NOTHING! I don't know where to turn and it's getting cold. My cat is an insider but he's freezing to death and I've resorted to putting a sweater on him. I need help and obviously something is seriously lacking in the vet department in my area. Surely this can't be the first case of sores and hair loss from something besides a flea allergy on the planet?!?!





I can add pics if it could help......Why is my cat losing hair?
I am not a vet, but in my area, many pets are starting to be diagnosed with MRSA. Many here do not know how to treat it. I am hoping and praying that this is not the case with your cats! Good luck to you and your kitties!

没有评论:

发表评论