2012年2月10日星期五

Cancer Symptom Question?

My mom has not mentioned any chances of her having cancer, but I have noticed some signs in her physical being that make me question the possibility of cancer. Any professional advice would be much appreciated.





I've noticed the following things:


1- She's tired all the time. She rarely has the energy to do anything. However, she does have to drive an hour to work every day there and back, so that may be contributing to her fatigue level.





2- She has a huge lump where her gut is. She claims she has a cyst, but I wonder if she is just saying that to spare me any anxiety. I don't know much about tumors, but if this lump is what it is, it is monstrously large.





3- She has lost a lot of weight lately. She never has really eaten much, but she is basically skin and bones now, except for the large lump in her gut.





4- She is about 48 and might be going through menopause, but she has intense periods lasting for up to about a week and a half. Her bleeding is uncontrollable and causes her the most painful cramps I've ever seen.





I haven't noticed any hair loss, but her skin is somewhat pasty and unhealthy looking.. but again, that could possibly be a result of age. If there are any other signs that I should look out for, please inform me of them.Cancer Symptom Question?
Hey I hope your mum is alright. Mention that cyst to her maybe and talk to her, give your concerns. Weight loss I'm afraid can be a sign of cancer, as can fatigue but as you say there could be many other reasons for that.Cancer Symptom Question?
Could also be anaemia - the heavy bleeding can build up over months to lead to anaemia which would cause tiredness, fatigue, and pale skin.


There could be a number of causes - cannot rule out cancer, but could also be, for example, fibroids - this page has further info on fibroids: http://www.surgerywise.com/procedure_info/fibroids.htm





Has your mum been to see a doctor? Personally, I would have a chat to her and convince her to see one - if anything just to rule out any major problems.


Hope all works out to be OK

没有评论:

发表评论