2012年2月14日星期二

Spots on a CAT scan of the brain?

My mother in law recently went to the hospital complaining of shivers, headaches, hairloss, and the left side of her body - scalp to toes - were tingling. She finally got a CAT scan done and the doctor said there were spots on her brain in the images. Blood tests all came back negative for anything and they can't find anything wrong with her pretty much at all.





About 2 days before being admitted, she stopped taking her medication completely. Meds for pain, anxiety, panic attack, etc. because she thought those were what was causing her hair loss.





Apparently she didn't think to ask the doctor what the spots meant. Does anyone have any ideas? They want to do a spinal tap on her and see what that shows. Also to test for MS.Spots on a CAT scan of the brain?
My mother had those tests done for the same reason. She has several spots about the size of walnuts. They diagnosed her with MS. She had been having mini strokes called T.I.A.'s That caused her to have headaches, and numbness and tingling. Now, she has had so many that they have begun to affect her memory. I don't leave my child alone with her anymore because she forgot her once and left her at a car dealership. She forgets which side is hot and which is cold on the faucet. She was very upset about the eventual downturn to her physical abilities. She has a friend that was diagnosed 3 years ago who is now unable to walk and has extremely limited vision. She no longer has that fear since she has had an additional condition that means she won't be around long enough to experience those effects. She is actually okay about that, because she has always been a very independent and very active person who reads constantly. I am not saying that is what is wrong with your mother in law, I couldn't know that. I just wanted to warn you about the scary part of the diagnosis so you will be prepared for it if that is what is actually wrong. She will need lots of love and support in that situation. It is a very scary thought. I cannot imagine how I would react if someone told me I would eventually be unable to walk, read, or even talk! I would suggest that you not let her look too much into the disease until she gets her diagnosis, my mom was terrified by the time she got her diagnosis. She was making herself sick as she studied about it. I hope it is a pinched nerve, and that she will be fine! I will keep my fingers crossed that she is just having a bad reaction to her shampoo or something lol!.Spots on a CAT scan of the brain?
She could be having hairline bleeds from tiny aneurysms that are breaking , She could have


possible something more serious like Central Nervous


system Cancer or possibly a brain cancer


She could have the start of Alzheimer's disease which is putting tiny deposits of plaque on her brain or maybe dementia , these symptoms can go a long time before a diagnosis is made , Also Picks disease is similar to Alzheimer's disease symptoms

没有评论:

发表评论