2012年2月12日星期日

Rat Eye Irritation - stress or more?

Approx a week ago, one of my boys passed away. So now, Pepper is all alone with no cagemate! I just got back from vacation today, so I haven't seen him since the passing (the petsitter had to deal with it :( ). I noticed one of his eyes has an excessive amount of the red/mucus stuff, as well as slight hair loss around it. He has dark eyes so I cannot tell if it is red, and it may be a little swollen. His bedding is carefresh, the same as ever, so I don't think it's that. I have heard it may be caused by stress.





Is he just stressed about losing Oni (his cagemate)? Or is this more serious?Rat Eye Irritation - stress or more?
It could be stress, yeah.


Rats are amazingly perceptive little animals.


They bond very closely to their friends, and he would be feeling the loss of his pal hard.


I have seen a rat cry before- it was a horrible sight- she had tears streaming down her face and it did have wet stuff all over.


But the fact that this is only on one eye is a bit of a cause for concern. Do you know why the other rat died? It might be worth a vet checkup to make sure that everything is ok.

没有评论:

发表评论