2012年2月12日星期日

Plastic Surgery, Sin or No?

I'm aware this question has been asked before, but I just wanted to mention a few thoughts that have turned over in my head as I've wanted to get the tip of my nose narrowed a little to be more proportional, it's been more an irritation to me than anything that I just want to swat away like a fly because it keeps buzzing around my mind. I love the rest of me, inside and out and I am truly grateful for the life God has given me, but I can't get over my nose. Just as I have worked hard to improve my mind and inside, I want to improve my outside as well, but I don't know if Plastic Surgery will anger God.





On one hand, it could be seen as:





An act against God's design,


-But what about the people born Siamese twins, deaf, with heart defects, and other bodily 'oddities' that we've corrected with surgery and technology and science? Those people were born just as we were, if God's design is absolute by birth, was it a sin to separate those twins, give the deaf hearing aids, and so on?





Maybe because of the superficiality of plastic surgery, it is a sin because it is an act of vanity.


-But then what about giving a girl with crooked teeth braces? Dying one's hair another color? Men getting those hair-regrow treatments? The teeth grow out that way because of our genes, our hair color and hair loss is due to our genes, due to God's design, is altering them to feel better about our self image a sin?





Plastic surgery is also to look more attractive, so it can be seen as a lack of trust that God will provide for you, that God will take care of you, guide you to love.


-I believe that, but I also wonder to what extent. I trust the Lord to provide, but a part of me thinks he has already provided man with what he needs, a mind, cleverness, intelligence, curiosity, the ability to cause change. If we should trust the Lord to take care of us, why do we have medicine, science, houses, insurance plans, why do we even bother going outside our house to search for dates/meet people? A part of me thinks that The Lord's greatest care for us is the ability to care for ourselves. If I, due to the Lord's generosity and providence, possess the means to earn the money to get the nose procedure, just as I've earned the money to buy pretty clothes, isn't the surgery then still in line with being grateful and acting on God given self determination?





I don't mean to sound as if I'm justifying plastic surgery, I am sincerely conflicted, because examples and questions like those keep bouncing around in my head and I'm left very confused.Plastic Surgery, Sin or No?
IMO, plastic surgery for reasons other than health (which would justify the removal of Siamese twins) is a sin, because it is placing vanity above life. Plastic surgery is a risk because you are put under anasthesia. By undergoing the surgery, you are agreeing to the fact that you might die in order to make yourself ';prettier';. That is vanity to the extreme.





Braces actually serve a medical purpose. My teeth were only slightly crooked, and I didn't really want braces, but I was informed that I could have mouth/jaw problems later because of it, and braces were used to correct my teeth and bite.





Hair dye is a temporary change, whereas plastic surgery is a permanent change.





Just food for thought.Plastic Surgery, Sin or No?
I think it all boils down to your reason for getting it.


Getting plastic surgery is not--at least, in my opinion-- bad, in and of itself. The reason for getting it done might be.
if its for a medical problem its okay if its just to get big boobs then no..
There is no God, and man invented sin, so you are making a big ado about nothing.
imo it boils down to intent.





well, and how you view God.





intent-wise, is the purpose to improve quality of life in a real way? or is it vanity?





getting face lift after face lift out of defiance of getting older is vanity.





a girl who has reasonably developed breasts getting implants, is vanity.





reconstructive surgery after an accident or genetic defect is not vanity, but a real, quality of life issue.





a woman who is fully grown, but has especially underdeveloped breasts getting breast augmentation is not vanity but an atempt to obtain normalcy.





a person who has lost a great deal of weight quickly, having excess skin removed,is not vanity, but fixing a major hinderance to quality of life.





at least IMO, thats what really matters.
I don't know about sin, but I think it's immoral to get plastic surgery for reasons of vanity - that's not counting non-vanity reasons such as corrective surgery for children with harelips or skin grafts for burns victims.





Why? Because it is spending a lot of money on something unnecessary, painful and potentially life-threatening. It is also taking the talent and skill of many many doctors away from treating sick people. All the trained medics involved in giving people straighter noses or bigger boobs are wasting their education - you became a doctor to help someone, and I don't think having bigger **** is as important as caring for cancer patients.
If it is required for ';quality of life issues'; (cleft palate, reconstruction after surgery, etc.) then I would say no.





If it is simply to enhance ones appearance (breast enhancement, rhinoplasty, etc.) then it would fall under a multitude of cardinal sins - pride, vainglory, extravagance, and envy.
I dont believe its a sin because god may have given us our bodies, but he also gave us a mind of our own and we are the only ones that can make decisions , which control our lives. So saying its a sin is like saying god is restricting what we can and cant do to our bodies. If having implants is going to make an insecure girl more confidant in herself, no matter how superficial it may sound, whose to judge? I mean i do think getting plastic surgery is very unnatural and i would never consider doing it myself, but i would never judge someone who had the desire to do it. It doesnt matter what the reason is, whether someone is unhappy with their nose and feels that its the source of all of their insecurities, the reason is irrelevant. Every man for his own.
Maybe sin, because God did say be content with what you have, and if you don't appreciate what you have already have, then it's like saying that you don't think that God planned you out correctly.
Plastic surgery is not a sin, IS HOT. I have fake boobs, lips and noose. My teeth aren't real neither... I think God really wants us to change our faces if we are ugly, I mean: He doesn't want disgusting angels on his kingdom right?
* God made you you. Why should you act and look like a poor self image of someone else if God loves you the way you already are.





* Don't be jealous of others. We each have our blessings and crosses.





* Do you really want others liking you just because of your appearance?





* If you don't worry about what you look like, no one else will.





* Start worrying about your internal, not external, image.





%26lt;3

没有评论:

发表评论