2012年2月12日星期日

Trouble with friends?

I won't use their real names so...





I had this best guy friend called Glasses. We were like super close throughout my junior year and his senior year. We had our own inside jokes and everything else best friends had and stuff. So, after he graduated, we didn't talk as much as I thought we would over our summer break. We ran into each other at a Parade but he gave me one of those fake hugs; like he just patted my back while pushing his body away from mine and then walked away. And as it turns out, when I came back to school, a friend of mine (Hair Gel) tells me that Glasses is dating someone that I used to have a thing for (and likewise). So... I'm kinda at a loss here. I don't mind the fact that he's in a relationship but I don't get why he's ignoring me? I mean, yeah I had problems with his new interest but... I don't know. :/





And also... after Summer Break, I came back to school as a Senior. The first day (this Monday) was great but today, I feel neglected. A whole lot. The person I called a ';close friend'; never seems to want to talk or hang out with me anymore. And I texted her once saying I miss her but she avoided the question and just went on about how her day went. And my other two friends, or who I'm starting to doubt even want to be called that, seem to be ignoring me a lot. And one of them even said that I was annoying them. I don't even know what I did...





I mean... yeah, I asked why but all (Hair Gel) said was ';I only met you because our teacher brought us together.'; So I'm really sad right now... I have other friends but I'm the type of guy who feels like if a person (especially a ';friend';) doesn't seem to ';like'; me, I feel guilty and like I'm not wanted... Can someone give me some insight on this? It's really downing me...





P.S.


And sorry if it sounds like I'm whining but it's cause I'm not really close to my family so I can't go to them about this and I do have other ';close friends'; but I don't want to make a big deal about it. I just want to get some answers from people who have been there or know how to handle situations like these.Trouble with friends?
Well, for anyone this time in your life is hard. Glasses just finished high school and I'm assuming is either in college or now has a full-time job (which school pretty much is as well). As for your friends that are seniors like yourself, they're probably busy getting ready to apply for college and taking tests for college. The next couple years are going to be really busy adjusting to college and/or the real world with full time jobs and more responsibility. This is not to say that you're not going to have any friends during this time, it's just it will take a little time to really get to know people.





Through your whole life, you'll meet a lot of people that claim to be your friend, but when you need something/someone, they're never there. We all know those people; when they need someone, you're their best friend, but when you need them, they hardly know you.





A friend is someone who is there for you and who you can trust with almost everything and anything in your life, and you can also do the same for them. It's a connection between two people that no outside force can replace or break up besides those two individuals.





If they don't want to be your friend, then I'd say that you don't need them because they're not a real friend. When/if you decide to go to college, you'll be meeting so many students in classes, dorms/cafeterias, through other friends, randomly, you'll easily make friends.





And you don't sound like you're whining, you're just concerned about what's going on in your life right now. And trust me, I know how you feel when you can't go to family for advice. I've always felt as though my friends/people at church were much closer to me than my actual family is. I believe that you are born into a family, so you automatically have to like/get along with siblings, cousins, aunts/uncles.... but friends, you decide who your friends are, so right there the relationship is a stronger one because there is emotion involved.Trouble with friends?
Look, find some new friends. They sound like they aren't very good friends if they are ignoring you and putting you out.. my advice is to find friends that you are really happy with and forget about them for a while and eventually things will mend back trust me. I had a good friend of mine get real annoyed with me and we got in an argument and seriously I just backed away from her for a while and she started acting like we were bffs again..Sometimes the best thing is to just wonder off and find some other people who really care about your well-being and do your own thing and stop worrying about them for a while.

没有评论:

发表评论