2012年2月12日星期日

Should I go on Accutane?

Hi, I'm a fourteen year old girl with mild acne and I have a month to decide if I wanna go on Accutane or not. My sister took it and it cleared up her skin but her skin was worse, and I'm still really confused if I should take it or not.


I kinda want to 'cause I want my acne gone (obviously), but I know there's really harsh health risks and I don't know if I should take them. Depression and other mental conditions can occur from it, and there's depression in my family. At one point I felt depressed and I think my grandma had bipolar.


So should I not take it or what? How common would you think the side effects are, like bone spurs, bone pain, liver damage, thinning/loss of hair, psychosis whatever? And if you've ever been on it, how was it?








By the way, the health risks can also affect you later.Should I go on Accutane?
You should be thankful that you asked this question tonight I just did a look up on Accutane,FDA Alert Medical News Acne Drug Accutane No Longer Sold just looking at the side effects alone tells me why they pulled this off the market.





To help control acne, keep your skin clean. Avoid skin products that clog your pores. Look for products that say ';noncomedogenic'; on the label. Wash your skin once or twice a day with a gentle soap or acne wash. Try not to scrub or pick at your pimples. This can make them worse and can cause scars.





If you have just a few pimples to treat, you can get an acne cream without a prescription. Look for one that has benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. These work best when used just the way the label says.





It can take time to get acne under control. Keep using the same treatment for 6 to 8 weeks. You may even notice that it gets worse before it gets better. If your skin is not better after 8 weeks, try another product.If your pimples are really bothering you or are scarring your skin, see your doctor. A prescription gel or cream for your skin may be all you need. Your doctor may also order antibiotic pills. A mix of treatments may work best. If you are female, taking certain birth control pills may help.Should I go on Accutane?
don't take it unless you absolutely have to. there are many other options that have less serious side effects. Facials, oral antibiotics, Retin-A, etc.
dont take it.


first of all, the nongeneric type was taken off the market because of how many help risks it has.


second, if you are over 13 to go on, you have to be on birth control and take a pregnancy test everymonth at the office. when i was 12 they wanted me to go opn accutane. i barely had an acne. my dad was PO when they said i had to get on bc if i wnted to take it.


and get a second opinion, go to another derm and tell them that doctor wanted you to go on it. they'll give you a second opinion.


plus it stays in your system for a loooong time. so if you want to have kids later who kows whatll happen to them/





hope i helped darlinnn!

没有评论:

发表评论