2012年2月4日星期六

AM I OVERREACTING? PLEASE HELP?

Sorry about the caps, I just wanna get some responses here. Ok, so I have alopecia(hair loss) most people can't tell or just don't care because I shave and they think I just like being bald. Well my crush made a comment about two months back abut having very smooth arms(cause I don't have much body hair) and I told her and she was surprised and said she never knew. She has been flirting with me a lot recently and I'm pretty sure she likes me. Anyways, one of my friends girlfriends brought her friend who I overheard ask my crush if I had anything, and she explained to her what alopecia was. I just blew it off and made it like I didn't hear anything but since then I've hurt that she asked, I guess I'm kinda insecure about it so for an attractive girl to ask it kinda ';hurts my ego'; so to speak. I know my crush doesn't care but just to have an attractive girl ask kinda hurt. Is it wrong to be a little upset over this, am I overreacting here?AM I OVERREACTING? PLEASE HELP?
You're sort of overreacting. The fact that she looked it up and remembers it means that she doesn't see it as a big deal and that it's not like you have cancer or anything, but that you have an interesting thing.





I understand how you can be... well... sensitive. Hairiness is a manly quality, and so being not-hairy can make it more sensitive than if it was say webbed toes. I have hyposplastic breasts, basically meaning that they're small and spread apart and I can never breastfeed. It is very difficult to talk about in public (online doesn't count) and I tend to not want to talk about it at all. Those who I talk to about it are told ';not that I'm ashamed of it, but I'd rather not have people talk about it, so don't spread it around k?'; Unless you included that in your conversation with her... well... it's overreacting.





When you feel comfortable enough, you could mention to her that you'd prefer to be the one to tell and explain it to people, if it needs to be explained. That in the future, if someone asks, just tell them that it's yours to explain. It's sort of rude to talk about people's health to be honest, but most people don't seem to understand that it's good manners to not talk about health unless you're a close friend, family or intimate with the person.





Add: And when I say 'manly quality' I mean 'manly trait' as in scientifically defined traits. It's like the many women who try to have less hair on their bodies. That sort of thing. No offense intended.AM I OVERREACTING? PLEASE HELP?
First of all, who is to say. Feelings are feelings, and sometimes it isn't the best to question the way you are really feeling about certain situations. It is good that you are questioning yourself though because by you overreacting it could effect you and your relationship with this other person.





I think that if you're a little upset about it it's fine, but remember to be strong and confident because then.. nothing can touch you. :)





Take care.. embrace your lovely baldness, especially if it looks good ;)
Its doesnt sound like it was a judgmental thing, more like a curiosity.





If your crush knows about it, and doesn't mind, I think she's the only one you need to worry about :-)





I think you should just forget about it, ya know...
No, its ok to be upset me personally I dont like hair on guys the less the better=) I wouldnt worry bout it who cares what people think? As long as you are happy with yourself. Everyone is insecure about something about their body expecially females
I think you're overreacting.. It was just a simple question. It must be a low self esteem about yourself.
I wouldn't worry about it. It is expected that people talk about others.
She must like you for who you are. It doesnt matter. Shake it off. if she likes you then go for it big boy. good luck
it's normal, i promise. a little subconsciousness never hurt anyone :)
u r fine


just do what u normally do
  • eye color
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论