2012年2月4日星期六

Autoimmune Hypothyroidism?

Just a brief summary of my overall health....when I turned 13 I experienced chronic fatigue (slept all day and couldn't even get schoolwork done) and depression. In my late teens and early twenties, I always felt an extreme lack of energy and inability to focus on anything + periodic hair loss and premature graying. Not to mention that I have an apparently weak immune system which caused me to get boils on my legs over a period of 6 or 7 months.I am in my late twenties now and have reached a point where I can't function at work and am now on sick leave. I have just about every single symptom of hypothyroidism -except for brittle nails. I've been losing lots of hair over the past 8 months - my eyes are extremely puffy - I've gained weight and am unable to lose it or gain muscle mass - despite vigorous exercising. I'm experiencing memory loss and I often find it difficult to speak or focus at all. I am exhausted and unable to get out of bed - I have heart palpitations and panic attacks. I'm constantly dehydrated and urinate quite frequently (every 10 min), but my blood sugar is 6 which is normal, I guess. I had a blood test done - and these are my results: S-Anti-TPO = 132* Free T3 = 4.3 Free T4 = 13.1 S-TSH = 1.2 it also showed that I have a vitamin B12, D, and Iron deficiency. My doctor thinks my problem is stress but she agreed to have me take Thyroxine for a few weeks to see how things go - but I'm not sure what my problem is....is it the vitamin deficiencies, depression/mental illness, or autoimmune thyroiditis? Is it dangerous for me to take this medication? Could this be the start of hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism? If the latter, then could taking these pills be dangerous? Can it cause cancer or be detrimental to my health?Autoimmune Hypothyroidism?
LDN, a drug approved in the 1980s for treatment of drug and alcohol addiction -- is being used successfully at very low dose levels to treat a variety of immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn鈥檚 disease, lupus, and autoimmune thyroid diseases, and new studies are learning more about uses for this medication.



Please consider reading more about Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) here:



http://honestmedicine.typepad.com/ebook-Autoimmune Hypothyroidism?
There are sub-lingual B12, good quality omega 3s, full spectrum vitamin and mineral supplements that may help in alleviating the problem.



The following book is a success story of overcoming chronic fatigue that was initially triggered by thyroid issues.



Go to the books section of rationalmd website.
Wow. I love the pointless acai berry advertisement that didn't answer your question. Anyway, I have hypothyroidism and your TSH and T3 levels are actually in the normal ranges. My TSH was 135.2 before I really found out what was going on and I had only a few of the symptoms so don't base your whole argument on symptoms because they rarely apply in a uniform way to everyone. All I know is that I was near comatose and desperate for answers but the truth is that those symptoms are pretty standard and fit the bill for many different things. Here are the healthy ranges in regard to thyroid -



T4: 0.93-1.71 ng/dL

TSH: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL (most docs recognize that above 3 is bad)

Triiodothyronine (T3) 3-200



You are normal for all.



It can definitely be dangerous for you to take that medication when you don't actually need it because it may train your functioning thyroid into thinking it doesn't need to do its job because a pill is doing it for you. I don't think it can cause cancer, however.



I have a friend who has a daughter who is 12 and overweight, fatigued and troubled with weight loss and metabolism. It is not her thyroid either. The thyroid is not always to blame for these things so you may want to seek out other ideas. But until then, I am so sorry that you feel this way. It is TERRIBLE to not feel well and even worse not to have answers so I hope you find some soon.
do not take a generic thyroid med, take synthroid only. yes being hypo can cause your symptoms like this. also more people need vit d than they even know, keep a check on your vit d and take vit d every day. thyroid med taking 1 a day is not going to hurt you, but you need to have reg (3-6 months blood work done to make sure you are not taking too much, then it could hurt you. i have had thyroid problems both ways since 1976. been on thyroid med since in the 1980's. sometimes the thyroid test will show normal when its not. you may need to be retested. if your doc keeps saying stress then go to a doc who treats the thyroid.
  • eye color
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论