2012年2月7日星期二

Can the Anti-depressant drug,';Celexa';cause hair loss?

I have been on this anti-depressant for 7 months. Since starting Celexa I have noticed a significant amount of hair loss and difference in hair texture. To the point where it's.... scary. I am only 27 years old.

I have even bought hair,skin,nails vitamins, biotin, silica, etc. this has only helped a little.



2 years ago I was on the anti-depressant lexapro. I do not remember thinning of my hair or a change in the hair texture.



Could the Celexa be causing my hair loss?Can the Anti-depressant drug,';Celexa';cause hair loss?
yes! it is possible but anyway as we know hair loss can be caused by many different reasons! There are many causes of loss of hair such as stress, poor nutrition ,medications, thyroid dysfunctions, illness, fungal infections, hormonal problems, to mention a few.



year ago I suffered very much from dandruff and hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.

the things that really worked for me was:



1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;



2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;



3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;



4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);



5) also I used herbal treatment - Provillus (do not use Rogaine - it will not work!)

It is a good products that helps prevent hair loss and contains Biotin and the clinically tested ingredients approved by the FDA to help re-grow your hair.! I think it is very important!



It worked and still works for me!



I do not know if any pharmacies carry Provillus but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here http://www.provillus.com/?aid=221781



It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!



Also Informative video about Provillus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydvCHhbR



good luck!



not only my own personal experience + working as a family physicianCan the Anti-depressant drug,';Celexa';cause hair loss?
Hair loss is one of the less common side effects of celexa.



Anyways, hair loss can be caused by various reasons.



For some time, doctors have attributed hair loss to genetics. But some researchers has attributed this condition to other factors like poor circulation, acute illness, surgery, radiation, high fever, iron deficiency, diabetes, thyroid disease, chemotherapy, stress, poor diet, ringworm and other fungal infections



Years ago I personally suffered very much from dandruff and hair loss too and started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss. Below are the things that actually worked for me :



1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp.



2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive.



3) Scalp massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active.



4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three)
Medication induced hair loss is common. It usually begins 1-3 months after starting a medicine. Anytime to body perceives a change, disturbance or imbalance in which it has a difficult time adjusting to, the hair growth cycle can become disrupted causing more hairs than normal to retreat to the resting (telogen) phase where they will then be shed 1-3 months later. This is often a temporary response. If the body adjusts to the changes the hair growth cycle may repair itself. Medications can also cause hair loss by depleting or interfering with absorption of certain nutrients. Taking high quality nutritional supplements may help, along with highly nutritious diet.

Essential oil scalp treatments can help stimulate new hair growth and improve the quality of your hair. I used essential oil scalp treatments for my own hair loss problem which became very severe. You can read about using essential oils for hair loss at the link below.
Many believe that those who suffer depression must face this new and potentially embarrassing side effect while having to deal with the initial problem. But, the truth of the matter is that people who suffer hair loss due to medication of this type are few and far between.
I'm sorry to hear this. I do not know sorry, I hate man-made drugs and vitamins tho so personally I would say that the pill is having some negative affect on you. It might not be hair loss but pills are messed up...



I know bald 20 year olds, It happens to people. sorry ;(
Among side effects of celexa there is skin rash or itching (hives). Shall the rash appear on the head so it can cause loss of hair.

没有评论:

发表评论