2012年2月4日星期六

Need daycare advice! Im not sure what to do!?

Hi..okay I need some advice





Okay I have 3 children, ages 4,2 and 11 months..I also have a bunch of mysterious health issues that Im personally dealing with (chronic nausea, migraines, and passing out randomly, and wooziness and fatigue and of course stress and anxiety issues)..and my husband works from 3 pm til 11 pm monday through friday (he is in the Air Force, and he could be called in randomly at anytime)





Well because of my health issues it leaves me worried and stressed everyday..either about feeling sick and dealing with children or worrying about passing out alone with my kids..





My friend suggested that I should put my children in daycare on base so I can get a break and the kids can get out and experience other things, BUT my problem is I have a really bad phobia called emetophobia which means Im deathly afraid of nausea and vomiting (in myself and others) and when I think about my kids going to daycare I automatically think that they will catch a bug or something and bring it home and get all of us sick..





So of course this ';scare'; is holding me back from wanting to actually go through this, but of course putting my kids in daycare has a lot more pros than cons..such as..





PROS-





1.They get out of my hair for a couple of hours





2. I can either rest up or get the house clean





3. It MAY help with my health issues





4. My kids will be able to interact with other kids








CONS-





1. My phobia will cause me to worry constantly





2. They could get sick





3. Money is a little tight right now








So yeah..Im not sure what to do right now..Im at a loss..I want to do this but at the same time I don't want them to get sick!!





And also I want to note that my friend told me that this daycare is really clean and has a lot of high standards so they may not get sick..





So what do you think? Sorry this is kinda rambled..my brain is thinking about a million things right now..*sigh*Need daycare advice! Im not sure what to do!?
I agree you need to see someone about your phobia.





Yes, of course your kids will get sick at daycare! Even more so there than anywhere else BUT if you never let your kids get sick, or constantly sanitize and protect them from every possible place they can catch a germ, when they do actually get sick it is going to be 100% worse than a regular bug because you are not helping their immune system get stronger, you are pampering the immune system which will make everything worse.





Get the kids some normal vitamins and some yummy orange juice. Teachers and Day cares have to make them wash their hands before eating, after changes etc. Just let it go if you can or get help.





If you don't find out what is wrong with you, or have no breaks, you are going to end up passing out with your children home and something horrible could happen, way worse than any throw up!





I am also just going to throw this out there, you could be a hypochondriac.. not trying to insult you or anything but your fear of ';getting sick'; and your worry combined can cause for this condition as well. Being stressed all the time can weaken your immune system as well. I strongly suggest you get some help and work through this for the sake of your kiddos and yourself.Need daycare advice! Im not sure what to do!?
Are you getting treatment for your phobias? You don't need advice, you need treatment.
Ya I'm with Valerie on this one...I really don't have anything to help you.





I will say this....My son has been in daycare for two and a half years...and he has been ill countless times...but never with a flu that resulted in vomiting. All he's ever caught from daycare is cold after cold after cold.





Did you know that there is a vaccination that you can get your kids that will rule out something like 90% of the stomach bugs that infants are prone to? It's oral, and it's called RotaTeq ...check it out.
  • eye color
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论