2012年2月7日星期二

Should I see my regular doctor or gyno?

I'm experiencing either an underactive thyroid or perimenopause or maybe even both. I'm 33 and don't know if to visit my regular doctor or my gynocologist? My symptoms are: fatigue, cold hands %26amp; feet, bit of depression, muscle spasms, hair loss, drowsiness, dizziness, heart palpitations, decreased libido and lubrication, major junk food craving, extremely light periods, very bloated and acne along jawline and under chin plus the area where the thyroid is is swollen and can feel a lump there. When I drink coffee I have major hot flashes for 10 minutes to an hour where before I didn't. So wich doc should I visit? I feel more comfy with my gyno cause she's a woman....Should I see my regular doctor or gyno?
you are a little below the average age range for perimenopause, but you seem to have some kind of hormonal disturbance.





If it was me, I'd begin with the GP, to rule out thyroid problems. Let him know that if it is a gynecological problem, you will see your gynecologist about it.





You could start the other way, and if it is not gyn related, go back to your GP.





and stop drinking coffee.

没有评论:

发表评论