2012年2月2日星期四

Vet tech caused cat's hypothermia, what now?

two days ago, I asked the vet to shave off a couple of hair mats. He came back with all his hair shaved off. We've been desperately trying to keep him warm( a small fan- blown heater, warm towels. He is mostly lethargic, and disoriented. He won't eat. He was also given hyperthyroid pills at the same time for a new problem. Which is causing this, the pills (which he only got three doses, stopped yesterday), or is it the loss of all hair? He is an older cat, but was ok before all of this. Please help! Have they about killed my cat? ps..the vet said wrap him in warm towels, discontinue the meds until he's better.Vet tech caused cat's hypothermia, what now?
I would go to the pet store and purchase a fleece tank top or go to a fabric shop and buy some fleece material and make a tank top for your cat to wear. I have hairless cats (Sphynx), and I put tank tops on my cats to keep them warm. I put sleeveless tops on them, as arms aren't impeded that way. If you buy fabric, just cut a head opening, and two arm holes, and sew the fabric down the underside to fashion a top. It is inexpensive. You can also buy a frisbee shaped disc that can be warmed up in the microwave and placed under a blanket, so as not to be too hot on the cat's skin (you don't want the cat's skin to get a thermal burn), which is great for senior cats, or cats with thyroid issues.





More important than what I wrote above, I would personally call another clinic and get a second opinion about your cat's medical condition. I strongly suggest getting a second opinion, and fast, as not eating is dangerous for cats, as they can develop fatty liver disease, which is serious. Cats must eat. It is too bad to have two issues that may or may not be related going on at the same time. It sounds like both issues are affecting your cat, although I am not a vet or vet tech and cannot say without having the medical training, but with extensive experience with cats, I think both are connected to your cat's behavior, although the hyper-t/eating issues are the predominant things to worry about. Thyroid affects temperature regulation, so if that is out of whack, then your cat is likely feeling cold, and lacking fur makes it worse. Good luck and comfort to your cats!Vet tech caused cat's hypothermia, what now?
'; '; ps..the vet said wrap him in warm towels, discontinue the meds until he's better. '; ';





Since there are no vets here I would say go with your vets instructions.

没有评论:

发表评论