2012年2月2日星期四

What could be the cause of female hair loss that is most pronounced on the nape of the neck?

I am a 21 year old female. Until recently I had a very thick head of hair.

I started to notice that I was losing more hair than normal this summer but I wasn't too worried since it didn't seem to be getting any thinner.

Then about 3 weeks ago, my hair loss increased to the point where it was indisputably abnormal. And it has continued to fall as much every day since. My hair is now visibly thinner. My ponytail is about half the thickness it used to be.



At first it seemed as though the hair loss was diffuse but now that my hair has thinned considerably, I've noticed that it is NOT diffuse and is coming from certain areas in particular:

1. my hair line (my bangs are so thin, they're nearly gone)

2. **especially the nape of my neck (you know when men's hair starts to recede at the temples? that's what the nape of my neck looks like now)

and the thinning is more pronounced on the right side in both cases.



I consulted 2 different doctors, but neither found anything abnormal in my blood work and didn't seem too eager to help me.



What could be causing my hair loss and is it reversible?



Also, as background information, I have no illnesses and I do not take any medication (including birth control), nor have I ever had any severe illnesses and the last pills I took were antibiotics about a year ago. All the men in my family are bald but none of the women are. The only travelling I've done in the last year is to Italy.



Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

My hair loss is progressing rapidly and I could use some answers so that I can take the necessary steps to stop it and hopefully reverse it.



Help!What could be the cause of female hair loss that is most pronounced on the nape of the neck?
Could be stress. My friend started losing hair when she was having problems with her boyfriend, but she didn't lose as much as you have, she only lost a patch of it near her temple. There's a name for it, but I forget what it is. I'd keep going to different doctors until one is more eager to help you!

Good luck!What could be the cause of female hair loss that is most pronounced on the nape of the neck?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_ar
  • facial
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论