2012年2月8日星期三

What's your experience with Lamictal or Lamotrigine for treatment of depression?side effects?

I just got a presc. for lamotrigine to treat major depression and mood disorder. She's starting me on only 25mg and increasing in 2 weeks...I do not have seizures...





There are many symptoms I'm having but the main one is that I';m constantly overwhelmed with my identity and problems. Also, My emotions rule my life, i'm impulsive. So overwhelmed to stagnation. Multitalented and very creative but can't make anything happen. Short fuze. sleep way too much. PTSD. Borderline personality tendencies. I';m 37, beautiful, intelligent, extremely talented, funny (in groups) athletic, but miserable, depressed, scared to let anyone in my life (abusive relationships almost killed me), and single... Just some backround stuff...





I'm scared of this rash that may cause permanent scarring. And I'm scared of hair loss. sounds like it's good for a lot of people with little side effects but the above sound horrible. I've been on a few antidepressants~ Effexor~ hated it!!, Lexapro, Zoloft, WEllbutrin.





Do you know if the brand drug has less strange side effects and is better effective? Or is it just that it's bad to start with the brand then go to generic? When I was on brand Effexor then got a script for generic it sucked. But maybe it's ok if you start with generic?What's your experience with Lamictal or Lamotrigine for treatment of depression?side effects?
It's weird but Lamictal (200mg) does help with my depression. I have psychotic major depression, GAD, a panic disorder, PTSD and mild OCD.


I have also tried Effexor, Lexapro, Zoloft and Wellburtin. The Effexor (300mg) helped quite a bit for about 2 1/2 year then it just stopped working.





Don't be scared of the rash. They start you off on an extremely low dose to see if you get any signs of the rash, if not, you are not allergic and they will raise the dose slowly.





If it matters, I also take 30mg Abilify, 40mg Prozac, the Lamictal and 5mg of Xanax XR. I just started the Prozac so we are going to see if it helps once we raise the dosage.What's your experience with Lamictal or Lamotrigine for treatment of depression?side effects?
Use the brand. The generic has way worst, stronger side effects. When I switched to the generic I found that it made me more drowsy, so much that it wasn't worth using.
Reading about the side effects, can have a placebo affect.
I take lamictal for a mood disorder too. I have been diagnosed as bipolar, which you may or may not have. I have had good results, no side effects and i feel ';normal'; for the first time in a long time. my moods are much more stable, and i am not impulsive like i used to be. so far, i have seen no side effects, and i have been taking it for over a year. Rash and hair loss are common side effects of Depakote,(which i was on and it made my hair fall out, and my hands shake constantly) are you sure it is coming from the lamictal?


Lamictal is an anti seizure medication that is also used very effectively as a mood stabilizer. it is completely different from antidepressants.


best of luck to you

没有评论:

发表评论