2012年2月2日星期四

Why am I losing so much hair? (20/F)?

I'm 20/F, and I have VERY thick, shoulder-length hair. On an average day, I have always shed at least double the amount of hair that the average woman does. In the past 6 months or so, I feel as though I have been losing even MORE hair. I can't even run my fingers through my hair without 10 strands being lost. I don't have bald patches, a receding hairline, or anything like that. In fact, if it didn't fall all over the floor of my house or end up stuck to my boyfriend's clothing, no one would notice my hair loss. What could possibly be causing this increase in shedding? Do I have a vitamin deficiency? My mom has thinning hair, but I'm only 20 years old and my hair is still thick! I'm very confused and it worries me every day. Please help!Why am I losing so much hair? (20/F)?
Hi Lily,



For a person of your age, these could be the causes of your suffering



Thyroid problems



Harsh chemicals (e.g. hair coloring, perms)



Scarring from burns



X-ray therapy



Telogen hair effluvium (shedding) - This is basically due to some temporary physiological upset like:



After pregnancy



Side Effects of medication (e.g. anticoagulants, gout medication, antidepressives, contraceptives and excess

Vitamin A)



Rapid weight loss



Reaction to illness or major surgery (e.g. sustained high fever, hair may fall out up to three months afterwards)



Reaction to chemotherapy



Emotional upsets



Dietary deficiencies (e.g. iron deficiency)



Fungal infections of the scalp (e.g. ringworm 鈥榯inea capitis



Smoking



Stress



Rarely, hair loss may be an early symptom of disease like diabetes or lupus.



See if any of these is one of them



There are several treatment options that may help to stimulate and encourage hair growth. If hair loss occurs as a result of an underlying condition or disease, then the condition needs to be treated first. The various types of hair loss are treated with specific medication which includes antibiotics, corticosteroids, or steroid injections. For more serious episodes of hair loss, surgical procedures such as hair transplants, scalp reduction or skin grafts may be performed to replace hair loss.



Natural and holistic therapy offers a gentler alternative for people experiencing hair loss than the harsh effects of conventional medication. Treatments such as herbal and homeopathic remedies stimulate and encourage hair growth as well as support blood circulation, hormonal balance and thyroid functioning.



Herbal remedies along with good nutritional diet (supplements in case of severe deficiency or if directed by your doctor) help hair grow stronger and more plentifully by nourishing it at the roots. They achieve this by stimulating blood flow and supplying nutrients to the hair follicles and hence promoting healthy hair growth and slowing down excessive hair loss. Although the process begins within a few days, as the hair grow slowly, the results are visible only after a few months.



Herbs commonly used include Ginkgo biloba, Rosmarinus officinale and Xanthoxylum clavaherculis help to promote strong, abundant hair. Other powerful herbs such as Equisetum arvense, Avena sativa and Echinacea are effective combating hair loss and nourishing hair follicles.



Hope all this helps



Good Luck!Why am I losing so much hair? (20/F)?
go to the doctor and get blood work done. you could have hypothyroidism where ur thyroid is not producing enough hormones. thats what i have and every time it gets low i loose alot of hair thats when i found out i hate it. also if u feel really achy and your appetite is weird is another sign
Have you gained much weight recently? Do you feel fatigued? Are you depressed? Sensitive to cold? Have dry, coarse skin? If you have some of these symptoms, you have hypothyroidism. It's actually not that uncommon in females. The test is a very simple blood test, and the treatment is quite easy (just take a pill called Synthroid).
i would see your doctor if you're that worried about it. if your hair is still super thick, and no one else is noticing the hair loss, you're probably just being anal. it is normal to lose hair and maybe because your hair is so thick, you're losing more.
Stress can cause hair loss...are you stressed about something? Are you taking any new medications? Birth control pills, anti- depressants, anti-anxiety medications, or even misuse of prescription medications (pain pills mainly - not implying, just stating a fact) ALL cause hormone fluctuations that can lead to hair loss. If that's not it. Then are you experiencing any other side effects like dry skin, hot or cold flashes, tired, etc.? If so, this could mean your thyroid is off and that too could cause hair loss as a side effect. If none of this sounds like something you could be going through medically, there is a great shampoo/conditioner and serum combination for thinning hair that promotes new hair growth called Nioxin ($40). You can get it at any beauty-supply place or somewhere like Great Clips. Hair loss, although hereditary, usually skips a generation....so just because your mom's hair is thinning, doesn't mean that's the cause of your current situation.
I'm 15 and this has already happened to me once and right now it's happening again. My hair used to be pass my rear and now *because my mom kept cutting it* it's shoulder length. Only a bit of hair started to fall out and my mom bought this stuff for me.



The reason your hair might be falling is because of the following...



1.) Stress *not likely*

2.) Your shampoo/conditioner is too strong for your hair. In other words your hair is sensitive like mine. If so you should avoid using Pantene and other strong shampoos.

3.) Perhaps you got a perm? O.O



Solutions are:



1.) Ask a professional. Doctors will probably only tell you what they told me. ';Let's take a blood test.'; Then nothing was wrong with me. ';Eat vegies and more fruits.'; Lies. Docotors are kinda useless now =.=.



2.) Use soft baby hair products.



3.) SEEK PRO HELP! I know I already said this but I really recommend it :)
  • facial
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论