2012年2月4日星期六

I'm I taking to much Vitamin A?

So, I take 300% of vitamin A everyday (100% in one pill and 200% in another pill). The first pill thats 100% also has a bunch of other vitamins in it but the other one is specifically only for vitamin A. Do you guys think it's to much vitamin A? Oh and reason as to why so much vitamin A is that I had a stomach problem and my stomach was inflated and sorta red (or something like that, but it did cause me sooo much pain that I cried once) so I had to take a pill to reduce that but see the pill had side affects (like very other pill) and one of them occurred in 1 out of 10,000 people and that was hair loss and sadly I was that one person. Then my doctor took me off the pill and told my mom to get me ALOT of vitamin A for my hair get back and blah, blah, blah....


Oh and I'm 13 just to let you know.I'm I taking to much Vitamin A?
Vitamin A gets stored in the liver.


If you take too much consistently, you will have a build up of toxicity!


You are asking for big trouble!I'm I taking to much Vitamin A?
the rda for women for vit a is 2333 iu, thats for women 11 yrs old and above


your question is are u taking too much?


300% is almost 7000 iu of vitamin a


and thats ok, vitamin a can be taken at a much higher dose for long term use, u can take 10000iu a day and u can take this for a long time, many vitamin a supplements come in this dose, 10000iu
For one it depends on which type of vitamin A it is. Vitamin A from an animal source *Usually from fish, from what I've read is more harmful to ones body when taking too much than the other kind which is from plants. The animal vitamin A is retinol and the plant vitamin A is usually beta carotene.
The first symptom of a vitamin A excess is darker skin. Not an overdose yet, it'd make you really sick, but a warning. If you got a tan without being in the sun, you may want to talk to the doctor again.
Switch to Beta-carotene, It is well tolerated and you will not have the toxicity problems associated with synthetic vitamin A
vitamin a gets stored in the body, so thats why you're not suppose to overdo it. plus, you get it from your food. you need to stop.

没有评论:

发表评论