2012年2月4日星期六

My cat is scratching, has scabby spots on head/neck?

In the last week or so, my cat has developed scabby spots on the back of her head and neck. She is scratching them quite a bit, which is probably making them worse!





About six years ago, she had the same sort of sores/scabs but they were scattered over much of her body and caused significant hair loss. My neighbors dog, who came to visit us quite a bit, had fleas and gave them to her! The vet diagnosed her with a flea allergy and, in addition to using FrontLine, she gave her some medication that cleared it up in a week or so.





I have triple-checked her this time and there's no sign of any fleas. I'm wondering what else might cause this sort of skin irritation? And what can I do to treat it?





Any advice will be greatly appreciated! I'm not currently working (laid-off) and finances are tight, so a vet bill would hurt quite a bit. But if i don't find a solution in a few days and she's no better, I'll find the money for the vet!My cat is scratching, has scabby spots on head/neck?
Is there a PDSA clinic near you. It is a vets practice that helps people who are on benefits. If not have a word with your vet and explain your circumstances. I'm sure they will let you pay the bill in installments rather than have the poor cat suffering. Hope she feels better soon.My cat is scratching, has scabby spots on head/neck?
Even though you don't see them on her, it still sounds like flea allergy. The cat is suffering. Go to a pet supply store and ask if there is anything that can relieve the scratching itchy skin. If it doesn't work take her to the vet.





One thing we used for itchy skin for our cats was an oatmeal bath. Fill the sink with warm water. Put oatmeal in a sock and tie it shut. Put the sock in the warm water and swish it around until the water turns opaque. Then bath the cat in the water. This doesn't solve flea issues though.
It would have to be a reaction to cleaners you have been using%26lt; I would reccommend washing the animal with luke warm water without soaps. If after 3 days the sores are still there or draining the animal might have got something from the flees. don't let him touch the scabs use a cone. Take it to the vet
  • eye color
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论