2012年2月2日星期四

To those who have suffered from an adrenal tumor, malignant or benign, can you explain your symptoms?

I am having a lot of health problems and they all seem to point to an issue with my adrenal gland overproducing hormones. I'm not jumping to conclusions or anything, as I know it could be a variety of things because my symptoms are multifarious. So, just wondering.



I'm scheduled to see a doctor, unfortunately not for a few weeks though.



If you were wondering, my symptoms in a nutshell;

Neurological: Episodes where I lose the ability to read and write (I can read, but I always see the wrong word and none of it makes sense. Same with writing, I use the wrong words). During the most severe reading/writing episode, I lost peripheral vision in my right eye. Spacing out constantly, which feels very good (weird, I know).



Fatigue. Not just like, standard my-***-is-dragging-because-I'm-having-a-fatigue. It's scary. Walking 300 feet causes my heart to race, my knees to buckle, and I need to sit down. I'm also noticing what feels like orthostatic hypotension (head rush, dizziness, loss of vision, etc.) I can't make it through a shower without sitting down. I am a fairly active, young female.



Hair loss. I'm losing it in clumps. I have patches of missing hair. I eat a healthy diet and am pretty regimented with vitamins and supplements (prenatal, calcium, thiamine, biotin, iron, vitamin c, potassium).



Increased sex drive. Not enjoyable AT ALL. It's constant and does not get better, even with hours of stimulation. It is interfering with my day-to-day activities.



Those are my major complaints. I went to the ER at the onset of the neurological problems. Had a CBC, which was fine and a head CT (also fine). I'm supposed to have an EEG and MRI, but the tests need to be ordered by my PCP, not the ER doctor.To those who have suffered from an adrenal tumor, malignant or benign, can you explain your symptoms?
Autoimmune diseases, hormone imbalance or stress are all possibilities.

So is early perimenopause (but that comes under hormonal)

There are too many to list and it is impossible to guess, you need to ring your doctor's office and either talk to him/her or the nurse there.To those who have suffered from an adrenal tumor, malignant or benign, can you explain your symptoms?
Hi, your hair-loss and episodic dyslexia could point to a problem with your thyroid.



Some patients who have taken thyroxine for hypothyroidism report that their dyslexia has disappeared completely, so, untreated thyroid disorders may induce dyslexia in some people.



Increased sex drive can be caused by hyperthyroidism.



Orthostatic hypotension (dizziness when standing up) can also be caused by thyroid dis-function.



It's possible to have both hyper and hypothyroidism.



If you do have an adrenal tumour, it's quite likely that you'll feel episodic bursts of energy and/or aggression.



As well as being tested for adrenal tumours (pheochromocytoma etc.), it would be a good idea to rule out hyper or hypothyroidism as a cause of your symptoms.



Good luck at the doctor's.

没有评论:

发表评论