2012年2月4日星期六

What causes bald spots on a cats belly with red bumps?

My indoor only cat has recently lost about a fist size of hair on his belly between his legs and red bumps showed up in place of the hair loss. My first thoughts were fleas or mange. I checked him (along with my other animals) and didn't find one flea. I have partially ruled out mange because that is the only symptom he has. He doesn't itch anymore than normal and doesn't even seem to notice it. The only animals he has been in contact with are our other pets and they haven't shown any symptoms either.





I plan on calling the vet on Monday to get an appointment, as his vet is closed over the weekend and this isn't life or death. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anything that would cause this? Thank you for any helpful answers!What causes bald spots on a cats belly with red bumps?
Cover the spot with Vaseline or bag balm. It may just be a dry skin condition, especially if your other animals are not showing the same symptoms. He may also be allergic to something, like carpet fresh or some cleaner you use. How about outside influences like chiggars or ants?What causes bald spots on a cats belly with red bumps?
How old is the cat?





The reason I ask is because hair loss is a symptom of diabetes in cats. Does he drink water way more often then normal? Does he pee all the time? I would look up diabetees if he is older.
My cat did the same thing, he licked all the hair off of his belly because of allergies, so, don't worry about it too much, it's not life-threatening.
Food allergies, flea bites , mange.... Only a Vet can tell for sure


*** Nine times out of ten - it's flea bites and an allergy to them

没有评论:

发表评论