2012年2月7日星期二

Why me? I just want to be like everyone else?

I feel like everything is wrong with me, and everyone else has it so easy. I have a severe hearing loss, that I have had since I was about 2 and that has gotten progressively worse. I'm mainstreamed, which makes it really hard. I went to our local school for the deaf for a while, which I loved, but then we moved, and it takes an hour and a half to drive there from my new house, so I have no choice. I wear hearing aids, but I still miss a lot of what is said, even with lip reading. Also, everyone knows about it because I have to wear these big things that hang off the back of my ears, and if I want to wear my hair up, they are really noticeable. And, even though they all know I am hard of hearing, they still don't look at me when they are speaking. I know a fair bit of ASL and am very proficient at SEE (signed exact english), and in speech therapy we use cued speech, so I am ok at that too. None of my hearing friends know ANY sign, and they don't want to learn, and I only go to see my deaf friends once or twice a month.





My hearing loss is a result of an autoimmune disease, so I also have juvenile arthritis, which is easier to hide than my hearing, but still causes a lot of difficulties for me. My body gets stiff sitting in classes, it is hard to get to my next class on time, and I completely fail at PE. I think everyone sees me as a freak of nature, and most of the other kids don't want to be seen with me.





I just don't understand why everything has to be so hard for me, when the other kids seem to have it so easy. What can I do to help the other kids see me as just another kids, and not some kind of freak?Why me? I just want to be like everyone else?
just be your self don't worry about what others think.If they judge u because of your hearing or look at u like u r a freak of nature then they are the ones that have the problem not u,and if they look at u like that they are not worth trying to make friends with,right?God made u the way u r so be happy seek god he will love u no matter what he promises that jesus said come as u r and remember u r a blessing from god and to godWhy me? I just want to be like everyone else?
To be honest, you can never fully control the ways in which people see you. There will be those that will never be pleased, and aren`t worth pleasing, there are those that mean well, but just don`t fit, and then there will be those few people who understand you and are willing to make considerations for you. Continue to work hard at your mainstream school. Do it for yourself, not for anyone else. Eventually, someone will take notice, and offer you a meaningful friendship. As long as you be open to all the possibilities, and not sell yourself short. Because if you don`t believe in yourself, how can you expect other people to believe in you?
  • mor
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论