2012年2月8日星期三

Cushing's syndrome treatment?

I'm 21 this year. I started taking prednisone in late 2006 to treat ulcerative colitis. During this time I had developed a lot of disorders caused by prednisone side effects. these include joint pain, hair loss, facial hair growth, fattening of face and neck, mood swing, and bruising on the legs that would not cure for long time.





I stopped taking prednisone in late 2007 and had not taken it again since then. now it's been nearly 2 years since i got off prednisone but some of those synptoms still exist on me. i still frequently have joint pain, and there are still a few bruises on my legs that i got from those days and still hadn't cured.. and my face is still slightly bloated around the lower cheek, even though the neck had slimmed down.. and my facial hair still grows at a very rapid rate. but my ulcerative colitis has flared up a few times since i stopped prednisone.





i recently learnt about Cushing's syndrome and realised that my symptoms seem to remsemble the disorder. but I don't know what I can do to treat it. most of the websites out there emphasise on stopping prednisone intake, but i've already stopped taking it. what else should i do? any ideas?Cushing's syndrome treatment?
This will sound really stupid but you should go to a doctor to make sure of the diagnoses, though I'm not in any way in depth in medical detail but to see a doctor to confirm rather it is or not is the next step. You don't want to start any kind of treatment rather practical medicine or alternative medicine without knowing it is or not because it could cause more harm to your body. I would have seen a doctor sooner about the side effects of using Prednisone.Cushing's syndrome treatment?
Alas, what the doctors do not realize but a lot of unhappy people do is that prednisone or other steroids can kick off in some people a chain of events that cannot be predicted. Up to 20% of people have pituitary issues and well, steroids are going to really aggravate this.





I would go see an endocrinologist and get checked out. Many of my friends with Cushing's got it after taking pred or getting a shot. The treatment now would depend on the source now - as the pred is not the source at this time.

没有评论:

发表评论