2012年2月2日星期四

Flu, lumps of scalp, neck stiffness, hair loss, need advice?

so basically a week ago i started to feel run down, then after a night out with friends i came home at 3am and my body completly shut down.


the next day i felt awful, my body ached, espeically my head and neck but i thought it was just a cold.


in the night i felt even worse - fever, not being able to get out of bed i nearly wet myself!, my neck was getting worse, and my head had this shooting sensation.


in the morning i felt so bad i called my doctor, after hearing my symptoms and my constant coughing and being able to hardly talk he told me to call the swine flu hotline - i did and they told me to go to hospital at once.


at the hospital they did a check over and said it was swine flu (phew) they did a ct scan on my head because of the pain but found nothing.


my bloods were ok, but they kept talking about menningitus and wanted to do a lumber punture on me - but in the end i couldnt have it because of another health issue i was born with.


i was discharged that night them not knowing what the hell was wrong with me, and just said if i felt like this again i should go back


the next few days i rode it out, and on day 8 now i still have the flu, runny nose, stiff neck, but the thing that worries me is that the 'shooting head pains' have now turned into bumps all over my head filled with clear fluid and not only itch like crazy but hurt when touched too. I'm really worried as when i had a shower (didn't use shampoo didnt want to irritate it more!) i noticed lots of hair in the shower, i have naturally thick hair and it seems really thin at the moment. Along with the flu my head is causing me to have no sleep, i just wondered if anyone else had felt like this?


ThanksFlu, lumps of scalp, neck stiffness, hair loss, need advice?
www.lymegreenaustralia.blogspot.com





Please check out my site, you never know, if you have picked up an infection you may find a lot of improvement if you have 6 wks of antibiotics...(doxy) just a thought i don't know your history, but I had symptoms like yours a decade ago and never put two and two together at the time.





Also, shingles is a very serious illness often comes when immune system is low and presents as painful blisters along a nerve. If on the optical nerve it can cause blindness, so i would advise you see ur Dr about the blisters as antivirals may be req'd. Hope you feel better soon.

没有评论:

发表评论