2012年2月8日星期三

What can my dermatologist do for my acne?

I don't have very bad acne but everything I try does nothing or works very temporarily, including dermatologist-prescribed treatments. I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, having facials done, retinoids, and nothing really does too much.





The acne on my face is pretty light but on my back I honestly have horrible 'backne'. The pimples aren't...puffy looking but there is a bit of scaring. I don't have very dry skin or anything so treatments that dry out your skin are okay I guess.





Anything? Thanks! I thought about Accutane but then I heard that it can cause hair loss, joint pain, dry eyes, cracked lips, and all sorts of awful things so I don't want to try it unless it's my last resort.





I'd rather pills/vitamins than some sort of cream.What can my dermatologist do for my acne?
How about something more natural? Go buy parlsey and eat a handful of it each day. Nicely cut and washed. Trust me it works to reduce the visibility of acne of your face plus it cleans out your system, thus reducing visible acne areas. Simply put: it helps your skin. It wont hurt to try.What can my dermatologist do for my acne?
They can give you pills and better creams to help control the acne, it won't stop everything but having one or two small pimples is really a non issue as a teenager. The scarring will just take time to fade. Going out in the soon or swimming helps.
Uh, one note :


did you try proactiv for face and deep cleansing wash for body?





ok, dermatologists are really good with helping to cure acne


dont worry, it will get better !


they are pro, so they will give u the best acne medicine in the world....
when i was a teenager i got shots for it.


i had acne on my face, but it wasnt bad


when i had a reallyyyyy bad zit i would go and they would inject something into the zit


maybe they have something that will do it all in one shot
Your dermatologist can give you antibiotics to kill the bacteria that causes the acne. Or he/she can give you creams to put on your acne.
Well, if everything else you've tried has failed Accutane is an amazing drug that works wonderfully. Yes, there are some pretty serious side effects but most of them (other than dry skin) is uncommon. As for the dryness, Carmex will be your best friend for your lips and just get yourself a very good body lotion and a good moisturizer for your face.





As for the rest of the side effects, you are very closely monitored by your Dr, there are monthly visits and blood tests to make sure everything is ok. I didn't have any side effects other than the dryness and a couple of short (literally like 2 days) episodes of mild depression that only lasted the first month or so. Pretty much, I'd feel depressed and then realize it was just the drug and I felt better, no biggie.





Accutane is always used as a last resort anyway, so if you're Dr recommends it that's pretty much it. It is VERY expensive (my treatment was about $2500 per MONTH) so insurance is a MUST.





There is a new treatment using light, I believe its called red/blue light, you can buy the systems and use it at home, but they can be pricey and I don't know how effective they are in the long run.

没有评论:

发表评论